Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Signing on

So, I decided to start this blog for multiple reasons, not the least of which is to keep my feeble mind occupied in a less-than-desirable geographic location.

The pursuit of the endeavor is to create a blog that is enjoyable to read, informative, interesting, and that sheds light on my current location.

I am a girl who absolutely LOVES all things related to fashion, especially classic, preppy styles.  Living in a small Texas town certainly presents a challenge when trying to pursue fashions that fit my taste.  My solution?  I am going to start scouring not only the Internet, but the local shops (yes, here in Wichita Falls) that may be able to feed my need.  I mean, I COULD drive the 2.5 hours (one way!) to Dallas every weekend, but what is the fun in that?  

So, I invite you to follow me on this journey, understanding that I am, in no way, shape or form, an expert in fashion.  I am, however, a person who has always enjoyed fashion, and I have been accused (by more than one person) of being a "fashionista".  So, hold onto your pink bows, and follow along!


Don't want to leave you without a little nugget of inspiration, so here are some sites that I am currently OBSESSED with!  Enjoy...and buy something!

The first nugget is a new company I discovered by following another blogger, Sarah Vickers, of Classy Girls Wear Pearls www.classygirlswearpearls.com.  This is her company, and they sell amazing, nautical-themed accessories.  Check them out!   www.kieljamespatrick.com

My second nugget of inspiration this week is Wisteria.  They sell all kinds of amazing things, from home furnishings to hand-made jewelry.  It just so happens that a good friend of my works for them.  They have an amazing on-line store at www.wisteria.com, as well as a boutique in Dallas, TX.  I recently ordered some seed bead necklaces and some sweet nautical-themed coasters.  

Alright, fashion lovers.  That's it for this inaugural edition of "The Non-functional Belt".  More to come for sure...

Oh, and if you're wondering, the name of this blog is The Non-functional Belt in honor of my amazing boyfriend.  While he completely supports my love of fashion, he doesn't always "get it", and he refers to any belt I wear on my natural waist as my "non-functional belt"!  Gotta love that guy!

Ok...until next time!

Vanessa






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment